Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Escape under the Forever Sky


Escape under the Forever Sky by Eve Yohalem keeps you reading to find out what will happen next. Thirteen-year-old Lucy is tired of being sheltered by her overprotective mom who is the American ambassador in Ethiopia. She has been in Ethiopia for six months and hasn’t had the opportunity to “see” the country. Lucy, leaving the highly protected American compound where she lives, rebels and she and her Ethiopian friend, Tana, head to a local restaurant. Once unprotected, the girls are deceived and Lucy finds herself held hostage. Her only means of escape is into the wild plains of Africa where lions and hyenas await. I love reading books that teach me about other places and cultures. When I finished this book, I felt like I had been on a journey myself. I was surprised to find out that this story was inspired by real events. Read this exciting novel to find out if Lucy can survive her captors and the harsh African landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment