Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This World We Live In


This World We Live In, by Susan Pfeffer, is a conclusion of Life as We Knew It and The Dead and the Gone. Twelve months have passed since the collision of a meteor and the moon which resulted in disastrous changes to Earth’s stability. The survivors continue to face issues such as starvation and sanitation due to a shortage of resources. Miranda and her family are joined by Miranda’s father, stepmother, baby brother, and three other people. Two of the strangers are Alex and Julie from The Dead and the Gone. How will they be able to survive with more mouths to feed? Who will survive the deadly tornado that rips through the area? An underlying theme is that love is essential for hope and survival. I listened to the audiobook version. The narrator did not sound like I had imagined Miranda from reading Life as We Knew It. Because I had already established the characters in my mind from reading the first two books, I know that I would have enjoyed it even more if I had “read” it. These books are always checked out of my library. I warn my students to have a box of Kleenex available. Click on the trailer below for an introduction to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment