Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Shadow Project


Disclaimer – I had oral surgery this morning to extract a molar (remnants of a broken crown)…may not be as coherent as I would like. Advice to my students – brush, floss, read, repeat! I find it coincidental that a few of my students have been asking me for books about paranormal activity and I just finished this great book filled with it. The Shadow Project by Herbie Brennan is a spy thriller set in England. Danny, raised by his grandmother, is an intelligent boy involved in petty crimes. He happens to break into a house being occupied by The Shadow Project, a government espionage organization. The head of the institution sees that Danny has a natural gift for this project and bribes him to join forces with them. Opal, the beautiful daughter of the head official of MI6, has been training for these missions. Michael, a newcomer from Africa, has first-hand knowledge of the black magic they will face. The teens, using out of body telepathy, join forces to hunt down the notorious leader of a terrorist cell called the Sword of Wrath. They must face their biggest fears and evil djinns to be successful. This is a great recommendation for Alex Rider fans looking for another action-packed read. Click on the video below to hear from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment