Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mockingjay


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins is the final book in The Hunger Games trilogy. I’ve just finished reading the last page of this book and I am in awe. My words cannot do justice to this trilogy. I think this book may be my favorite of the three. Readers must read the books in order. Katniss agrees to become the Mockingjay and help lead the rebellion against the Capitol. Her ultimate goal is to assassinate President Snow. I do not want to give any spoilers so I will just comment that this book is filled with surprises and never-ending action. There lies the problem – I wanted to savor this book (knowing it was the last one), but I kept reading on as quickly as possible to find out what happens next. One of my students told me that this book made him sad. A coworker told me that she couldn’t talk about the first book without crying. The symbolism and the love you have for the characters make this a very emotional read. This book will leave you wanting to talk to other Mockingjay readers. What great discussions you will have! I’m sad, too…sad that this astounding story is over. Click on the book trailer below for a preview of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment